Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Writing Challenge - Day 7

I came upon a light, and noticed how brightly and broadly it shines.  Wild and warming, it spreads and reflects upon all it touches.  Its energy is a gift to all who sense its radiance.  Standing at its diffuse edge, feeling only a whisper of its full power, I'm filled with a sense of gratitude; honored to feel its glow upon my face.

My fearful and well-meaning thoughts tell me to soak it in -- this light will travel out of reach.  It cannot be contained; you mustn't try.  Love it for every lumen.  Cherish every second it dances upon you, glinting and glimmering like laughter.  Allow it to fill you, warm you, nourish you.

Others will receive more of the beacon's gaze.  Love that too.  Deny no one the joy of this shining star.

---

Focus inward, slow it down.
See beauty in simplicity.
Value gifts not wrapped in bows.
Take your time, it's yours to take.

---

dot arc compass ballerina chalk cue pocket square peg board room

--

Writing poetic and thoughtfully random stuff late at night isn't so terribly productive.  So much effort, thinking, work, rework, thinking again and even more work goes into even short phrases.  It's needlessly(?) torturous. I write to see what comes out of writing, yet so little comes out of writing something pretty and polished.  Were I shooting for just a word count I think I would have started writing out lyrics to the songs that were cropping up in my head.  I think I could have covered all of today and tomorrow with what I could recall from just one old school rap jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment