Sunday, December 11, 2016

Writing Challenge - Day 6

It's been a beautifully lazy late fall Sunday.  Not a moment have I stepped out into the near-freezing weather!  Chores, coffee, and company filled my morning into afternoon.  A simple but handcrafted dinner, sips from a bottle of DuClaw Brewing's "For Pete's Sake!" Imperial Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter and Chocolat on DVD rounded out the evening.  A comfy blanket and the glimmering magic of bubble lights on my tiny holiday tree are my companions into late night.

Having my place in order enough to have company has been a real pleasure today!  There's more to go but seeing and enjoying the progress is motivational.  The trash treasure TV stand that I snagged yesterday is working out quite well, with some sweet swivel action to boot!

This building/neighborhood is pretty great for freecycling.  A week or so ago I adopted a really nice, fully-functional, minorly-scuffed chest of drawers that a neighbor had forsaken.  It was perfect for freeing up the bookcase that the previous owner left in the closet.  And though I wasn't unemployed when I gave the dresser a new home, I certainly appreciate rescuing rather than buying the things that help me make my place more functional.

When I think back on my process of getting all my stuff sorted and settled it seems ridiculous that it's taken over 6 months to this point.  And were it not for undesirable weather and unemployment I'm sure it would have been longer still!  Ignoring the task the rewards of its completion was a lot easier with distractions and "more important" things in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment