A number of new concepts for small writing projects have sprung up as a result of looking through older writings (not included on this blog). Essentially, out of my fears of tapping the well dry, I've circled back to a combination of two suggestions I'd been offered on getting a body of work collected/created. Those suggestions were to a) take time to create a list of writing prompts -- perhaps taken as inspiration from previous works -- that might inspire creation, and b) simply gather a collection of older writings without reviewing them.
With these new ideas sprouting like seedlings and a solid plan in place to begin writing my Codex Vitae, I'm overjoyed with the positive outcomes I've realized through this writing challenge. At this point it's looking pretty difficult to tap the well dry. And that's a relief.
With luck, I've got a lot more writing to do. I aspire to write a book. Perhaps not a very long one, but one that inspires and provides helpful if not invaluable information to its readers. I don't anticipate making loads of money or even a reasonable living from writing. My key aim is to allow my thoughts take shape in ways that may serve others.
Over the past few years or so I've been taking small steps toward engaging in a second career of sorts. The current career (Software Development) is great for scratching my intellectual itch for analytical problem solving, but does little to provide meaning and a sense of 'giving back' to others. That's the purpose of this 'second career' endeavor. So far, so good
No comments:
Post a Comment