Running on nothing but a nap, feeling nightfall like a shroud, I'm pushing on through thick and heavy thoughts and lazy eyes barely capable of focusing. How did I manage to make it this far? And come out of a seminar feeling energized and motivated despite a deep need for caffeine? Did I really pull off coherent notes and subtly complex meta-learning with my weary brain?
Is that icon animated or am I beginning to hallucinate? It didn't move that much. I gotta be seeing things. Some say that after hallucinogenic trips they feel something like enlightenment for days after. With how much I'm craving sleep, I can see how waking up after about 10 hours worth after this substance-free trip might lead to a sensation like that. Pure Bliss!
In the last moments of my yesterday (today) I found my BFF tagging in -- he rising to fight another day while I was crawling, beaten, toward my corner for much needed respite. The sounds of the alarms scarcely two hundred minutes later dragged me toward decision. Forego the seminar as I'd warned at dawn that I might? Snooze the alarm and see what happens next? That's a hell of a thing to face in the first moments of consciousness! Remind me, why does anything happen before noon again? Sheer ridiculosity.
Thankful for the jolt of enthusiasm instilled in me by a eye-opening presentation on how to better market yourself for government work, my next major decision of the day was to take on a very charitably offered second chance to make a first technical impression. ...After coffee, that is.
Although I didn't nail the bullseye on Take 2, I felt good about my decision to approach it naturally rather than toss out a heaping helping of copy pasta from the code I cooked up throughout the night. After I showed significant improvement over the dismal failure of Take 1, I slipped breadcrumbs leading to my recipe into the 'Thank you' note for the gracious giver of my do-over. Can't let it go to waste, right?
I hope they like my dish, but I might say that the best thing to come out of it was my discovery of .NET Fiddle and a chance to really get into tackling a moderately challenging problem using a slightly lesser-used language. More sources of motivation, yay! Here's to hoping that motivation allows me to keep from falling asleep into my dinner plate.
No comments:
Post a Comment