Another weekend has come, and with it an opportunity to get out of town, see the sights, meet new people... Explore.
As is sometimes the case, this weekend I found myself reluctant to get started. Earlier today I told a friend that it felt like I needed a weekend before my weekend. Although I took much longer to get out the door than I would have liked, taking the time did smooth the transition from work to play.
Before getting too far out of town I stopped at my favorite convenience store for coffee... and an ice cream sandwich that I'd been craving for months. I also picked up something that more closely resembled dinner, but of course I ate the ice cream sandwich first!
Enjoying the ice cream sandwich in my usual ritualistic manner made me recall much younger days, when ice cream sandwich treats weren't so few and far between. Recognizing that I'd done something so simply nice for myself, in my mind's eye I caught a glimpse of my inner four-year-old flashing a huge ice-cream-and-chocolate-wafer-smeared grin.
I eased on down the road to the interstate, set the cruise control, and let more of the work week drift away with each passing mile.
A blog about anything and everything that is even marginally part of the life of Cate.
Friday, February 7, 2014
On the Road Again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment